Saturday, October 17, 2009

Never judge...


With diapers cutting into our grocery budget, I've been in the endless search for good wines that don't break the bank. It's been an interesting and fun tour of the good, the bad and the ugly... Sometimes I strike out, but most of the time the wines are mediocre to decent. Last week, however, I took a real risk with a bottle that was $2 (Quail Oak CA Cab)! As I was opening it, I was kind of chuckling, thinking to myself how bad this was probably going to be. As I took my first sip I couldn't believe it. So I took another just to be sure, and another, and another... I finally found a GREAT wine for a very budget friendly price.
Salud!
Jill XXXOOO

1 comment:

  1. If I could send you a bottle or two I would...just don't know if they would make it across the pond! We have some really great wine from up in the Galilee region, and not expensive at all! When I was in Paris coming home this past time, I picked up a bottle of amazing Parisian wine for a friend as well. We'll have to find a way to get you a bottle!!!

    Like the blog Jill! :)

    Mo

    ReplyDelete