Sunday, November 29, 2009

First Tree

This year has been a (very) long time coming….the year of our first (adult) Christmas tree, and Lila’s first tree ever.  There has always been a reason not to get one, whether it was that we wouldn’t be home, our home was too small, or there was not enough time.  This year come heck or high water, we WILL have a tree.  And it’s Lila’s 1st Christmas (outside of my belly) so there is no reason good enough not to have a tree this year! 

Now is the fun part, what the tree will look like.  Every year I scour the catalogs, Pottery Barn, CB2, West Elm, Wisteria, etc. to dream of decorating our home at the holidays.  This year was no exception.  I scoured through the usual catalogs and fell head over heels in love with just one, making it an easy choice for my inspiration.  If you look at pages 12-13 in the virtual catalog at Wisteria you will see my Seaside inspiration tree that has my heart just a pitter pattering!  

We won’t be getting the tree until at best next weekend, so in the meantime, I’ve been collecting the trimmings so we’ll be all ready for it’s arrival.  I had gotten this starfish garland from At West End this past summer to use for a table decoration so I ordered another one so I’d have enough to go around the tree.PA7022

I picked up these gorgeous LED blue lights from Target (on sale this week!!).

51E55W08txL__AA260_

And today I found these ornaments from Hobby Lobby at 50% off!!  I know, they are not really ‘seaside’ themed but they were too pretty to leave behind!

 IMG_3014 IMG_3013

IMG_3011

And I have my eye on these blue glass ornaments at Wisteria (for a further markdown) to pull it all together.W3670I also want to have some icicles, a star(fish) for the top, some of my own ornaments (from the trees I had growing up) and a frayed white linen tree skirt (will make my own with some fabric I got at JoAnn Fabrics).

I can’t wait to show you the finished tree so you can be the judge of how close I got to my inspiration.  Until then, happy holidays to all! 

Jill xxxooo

1 comment:

  1. ooooooh... excited to see pics :) I miss Christmas trees!

    ReplyDelete